Our opportunities for serving others reflect Christ’s mission for C3: Loving God…loving people. Here, there, and everywhere. The following reflect some of our current other-centered involvements:
- 5th Sunday SERVICE – On 5th Sundays during the year, you’ll find the family of C3 involved in acts of service out in the community. After a brunch and abbreviated worship, all ages divide into teams to “bring a cup of cold water” to those who need a hand of encouragement or assistance.
- MISSIONARIES We Support –
- Jason and Jonie Mellinger. The Mellingers and their three daughters serve with Helping Hands Alaska in a variety of teaching, technical, and medical capacities. As a family touched by C3 in their prior years, the Mellingers now touch others on our behalf.
- Teddy and Lizz Franke. Teddy is on senior leadership staff at Camp Morrow in Wamic, Oregon, specializing in mentoring and camping ministries centered on horsemanship. They have three children and are also well known at C3, having served locally at Camp LiWa for many years.
- Tricia Ivanoff, Director of the Aarigaa ministry to UAF students (see below). Trish hails from Unalakleet, Alaska. She attended North Park University in Chicago and has had several mission leadership opportunities to India.
- AARIGAA – This ministry to Alaska Native and other rural students at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks (UAF) is led by Director Tricia Ivanoff. Aarigaa is officially sponsored by CYAK (Covenant Youth of Alaska) in cooperation with C3. This mission to UAF students continues with several from C3 as volunteer staff serving under Tricia’s leadership.
- SHAGELUK CHURCH PLANT – C3 is presently involved in the potential of planting a church presence in this Alaska interior village. Once technological systems are in place, the village folks will join C3 each Sunday in a two-way transmission of worship via Video Teleconferencing (VTC).
- VOLUNTEERS – As C3 is by intent a participatory church rather than one centered around multiple professional paid staff, there are numerous ongoing and seasonal/situational opportunities for service according to one’s gifts, interests, and availability.